Quaddick State Park
|Date Opened||3/16/2020 1:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$11.00 - $14.00 per hour|
|Close Date||10/1/2020 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP), Bureau of Outdoor Recreation, State Parks Division is currently seeking to fill multiple Seasonal Resource Assistant positions with Mashamoquet Brook State Park based at Quaddick State Park in Thompson, CT.
Mashamoquet Brook State Park in Pomfret also provides staff support to Quaddick State Park in Thompson, Mansfield Hollow State Park in Mansfield, Nachaug State Forest in Eastford, and many other state lands in the northeast corner of the state.
Positions Include: (see details under Examples of Duties)
Ticket Booth Attendant: Provides general ticket booth services. Minimum Age: 16
Approximate Dates of Employment: mid-April – mid-September
Pay rates are $11.00 -14.00/hr. depending on relevant skills and experience. No benefits.
Length of positions: anticipated start dates vary by position and runs through the recreation season; anticipated duration is a maximum of 1030 hours. Most positions are typically first shift, but other positions will be second or third shift. Typically positions are 5 days per week, and include mandatory weekend shifts.
Note: Do not submit a cover letter. Applicants must only include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
Any inquiries regarding the status of your application for this park’s positions must be made directly to the individual park: Matt Quinn, Matthew.Quinn@ct.gov (860) 928-6121.
CT DEEP encourages you to consider applying for seasonal opportunities at alternate locations as your application is under review.
These positions are non-competitive. Open to the public.
Selected candidates must be fluent in English and be at least 16 years old or 18 years old, depending on the position.
Selected candidates must possess and maintain adequate physical flexibility, strength and stamina to perform the duties (including work outside in inclement weather, work outside for extended periods), and work well with other staff and members of the public.
Preferred applicants will be able to work full-time for the entire recreation season and have related experience or training.
Fluency in Spanish is desireable.
Previous retail/customer service experience also preferred.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.