|Date Opened||3/5/2020 4:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$14.00 per hour|
|Close Date||5/1/2020 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) is charged with conserving, improving and protecting the natural resources and the environment of the state of Connecticut as well as making cheaper, cleaner and more reliable energy available for the people and businesses of the state. The agency is also committed to playing a positive role in rebuilding Connecticut’s economy and creating jobs – and to fostering a sustainable and prosperous economic future for the state.
The Bureau of Outdoor Recreation, Boating Division, has two (2) current openings for Seasonal Resource Assistants for the Candlewood Lake Pumpout Boat, which is operated by DEEP. The boat is operated on weekends and holidays. The positions available are: Position 1 will be the primary captain of the boat, and Position 2 will be part-time operators and/or mates of the boat. Boat operation is from 9am-5pm on weekends and holidays. Staff may work up to 40 hours per week.
The pay rate: $14.00 per hour depending on education and experience. There are no benefits or paid holidays with this position.
Hours per week: Up to forty (40) hours per week. Working on weekends and holidays is mandatory.
Duration of Position: Mid-May through October. Six months from date of hire, not to exceed 1040 hours.
Note: Do not submit a cover letter. Applicants must only include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
Any inquiries regarding these positions must be made directly to: Kate Hughes Brown, Environmental Analyst, 860-447-4340 email@example.com
These positions are non-competitive. Open to the public.
The selected candidates must be able to work outside during the summer months and have a valid driver’s license and Certificate of Personal Watercraft Operation or Safe Boating Certificate.
The operators must be knowledgeable with a boat and may be required to perform an on-the-water boat handling demonstration.
Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Operators may be required to attend additional training.
Pumpout Boat Operator/Mate:
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.