Habitat Conservation and Enhancement Program
|Date Opened||3/3/2020 2:35:00 PM|
|Salary||$11.00 - $14.00 per hour|
|Close Date||3/31/2020 11:59:00 PM|
At the State of Connecticut, Department of Energy & Environmental Protection (DEEP), we are dedicated to conserving, improving and protecting our natural resources and the environment and increasing the availability of cheaper, cleaner and more reliable energy. The mission of the Bureau of Natural Resources is to conserve and enhance Connecticut’s fish, wildlife and forest resources and to enhance opportunities for public use and appreciation. The Bureau of Natural Resources is made up of three Divisions (Fisheries, Forestry and Wildlife) and a central office.
The Fisheries Division is currently seeking to hire one Environmental Protection Seasonal Resource Assistant to work with the Habitat Conservation and Enhancement Program April through September 2020. The duty station for this field-oriented position will be at the DEEP Western District Headquarters located at 230 Plymouth Rd., Harwinton, CT 06791.
The position is up to thirty-five (35) hours per week. Work hours may vary with field activity.
This position is not to exceed 1,030 hours, six (6) months.
The pay rate varies from $11.00 to $14.00 per hour depending on education and experience.
There are no benefits for this position.
Note: Do not submit a cover letter. Applicants must only include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
Questions about this position should be directed to: Stephen Gephard (860)447-4316 email@example.com
These positions are non-competitive. Open to the public.
Selected candidates must be fluent in English and be at least 18 years old.
Selected candidates must possess and maintain adequate physical flexibility, strength and stamina to perform the duties (including work outside in inclement weather, work outside for extended periods), and work well with other staff and members of the public.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.