Various State Parks and Recreation Areas
|Date Opened||2/7/2020 11:25:00 AM|
|Salary||$20.00 per hour|
|Close Date||5/31/2020 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP), Bureau of Outdoor Recreation, Environmental Conservation Police Division, has multiple opportunities for Seasonal Patrol Officers (SPO) throughout the State Park system. The mission of the State Environmental Conservation Police is to provide natural resource protection and public safety through education, outreach and enforcement.
SPOs assist the State Environmental Conservation Police through primary park visitor contact, interaction with the public to assist them in the safe and orderly enjoyment of department resources and activities and enforcement of laws and regulations.
These are 40 hour per week positions with both first and second shift available.
The locations are primarily at State Parks, Forests, Waterways and recreation areas.
Salary: $20 per hour. No benefits.
Length of position: April 1, 2020 through December 15, 2020
Note: Do not submit a cover letter. Applicants must only include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
Any inquiries regarding the status of your application for these positions must be made directly to: Sgt. Steve Stanko, office phone 860-424-3446, firstname.lastname@example.org
These positions are non-competitive. Open to the public.
The selected candidates must be fluent in English and have valid motor vehicle license.
The selected candidates must possess and maintain adequate physical flexibility, strength and stamina to perform the duties (including work outside in inclement weather, work outside for extended periods), and work well with other staff and members of the public.
Selected candidates will have been:
· Employed as a special conservation officer by DEEP's EnCon Police in 2019 or
· Currently employed as a Connecticut certified police officer with a current POST card or
· Retired in good standing within the last 3 years from a Connecticut police agency without any unresolved or pending disciplinary action as a sworn officer with a valid POST certification.
As a Law Enforcement Officer with primary park visitor contact, interacts with the public to assist them in the safe and orderly enjoyment of department resources and activities; enforces laws and regulations; governing visitor behavior and the use of department lands and facilities; investigates and prepares reports of unusual occurrences; works under a State Encon Police Sergeant; may supervise other seasonal employees as assigned.
1. Incumbents in this class will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required to meet the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license.
b. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification.
3. Incumbents performing patrol officer functions must currently possess Police Officer Standard Training (POST) certification or be eligible for POST recertification without completing the Basic Training program again (i.e. must be current or retired within two (2) years of last POST certified required employment) or Connecticut State Police (CSP) Academy certification (must be current or retired within two (2) years of last CSP certified required employment). Must pass a seasonal patroller training course as approved by the Connecticut State Police.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.