|Date Opened||12/3/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$42,333 - $55,542/year|
|Job Type||Open to Statewide Employees|
|Close Date||12/10/2019 11:59:00 PM|
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must be a current State of CT employee, who has permanent state status* and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
*For employees in the classified service, permanent status is obtained after successful completion of a working test period. For employees in the unclassified service, permanent status is obtained after serving in a position for at least six months (full-time or full-time equivalent).
In a state agency this class is accountable for performing a full range of general clerical functions or for carrying out responsibility for the flow and completion of clerical work in an assigned area.
1. TYPING: Types a variety of materials in relation to other duties or as assigned; enters and retrieves data on personal computers and computer terminals.
2. FILING: Sets up and maintains office procedures, filing and indexing systems and forms for own use.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Composes routine correspondence.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles and generates recurrent technical, statistical or financial reports requiring judgment in the selection and presentation of data (format).
5. INTERPERSONAL: Provides general information and referral services in response to citizen complaints or questions regarding an agency's services or authority; responds to inquiries from other work units or departments/agencies; applies agency policies and state statutes and regulations in determining case status or responding to requests for procedural assistance; may lead lower level employees in carrying out assigned clerical functions.
6. PROCESSING: Maintains calendars of due dates and initiates recurring work or special clerical projects accordingly; processes a variety of documents in determining routine case status; exercises discretion in choosing appropriate follow through procedures within defined guidelines including assembling and reviewing incoming materials for accuracy, completeness and conformance to established guidelines and agency policy and procedures, verifying information through use of internal resources and contacts with sender and other work units and soliciting additional information as required by phone or form letter; processes purchase requisitions/purchase orders for subsequent action; prepares payment lists and billing invoices; receives shipments of materials and matches/verifies shipment or billing invoices against original purchase orders; maintains billing control cards, files, journals or account ledgers by posting credits, expenditures, interest, etc.; figures payments, costs, discounts and adjustments using prescribed methods and formulas; receives monies in various forms such as cash, checks and money orders and prepares for deposit; maintains inventory and orders supplies; uses a variety of automated equipment to perform job functions; performs related duties as required.
Knowledge of office systems and procedures including proper telephone usage and filing; oral and written communication skills; skill in performing arithmetical computations; basic interpersonal skills; ability to perform a full range of clerical tasks; ability to operate office equipment which includes personal computers, computer terminals and other electronic automated equipment; ability to operate office suite software; ability to schedule and prioritize workflow; ability to read and interpret complex instructions.
College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling six (6) months of experience.
Persons having responsibility for supervising or observing the behavior of inmates or custodial individuals will be required to possess a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certification by the time of permanent appointment.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.