|Date Opened||12/4/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$69,705 - $89,249/year (*New State employees start at minimum of salary range)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||12/12/2019 11:59:00 PM|
Are you a dedicated IT professional with experience providing highly efficient and effective technical support? Would you find it exciting to help modernize technology in a large state agency? Are you ready for a challenge while working in a collaborative environment? Is your skill set a match for the job duties describe below?
If so, the State of Connecticut Department of Transportation (DOT) has an exceptional opportunity for you, and encourages you to join our Data Security Team as an Information Technology Analyst 1 (ITA 1).
As an ITA 1 you will be responsible for:
• Performing Networking basics. OSI model fundamentals; particularly layer 2 switching and layer routing, VLAN'S.
• Experience with access control lists (ACL's) and its implementation; experience with layer 3 firewalls and IPS technologies, Domain Name Services (DNS(, usage and security.
• Access control using source/destination IP address or FQDN and specific TCP, UDP, ICMP ports of the IPv4 IP protocol for user and device control.
• Syntax of SNORT IPS signatures, 802.1X access controls, AAA, RADUIUS, TACACS+, experience with wired. Wireless 802.11, and wireless 4G/LTE Lan/Wan technologies.
• Understanding of internet fundamentals, filtering technologies and URL concepts, Cisco specific route/switch experience a plus, including basic understanding of Cisco, IOS, NX-OS,IOS-XE/XR software.
• Ability to troubleshoot user and advice access issues using numerous implemented network and security management tools and technologies.
• Full-time, 40 hours per week
• Monday through Friday work schedule
• A competitive benefits package is offered which includes healthcare coverage, wellness programs, paid time off, and various leave programs
• Convenient location in Newington, CT which is easily accessible to all major highways and public transportation
• An on-site low-cost fitness center, on-site cafeteria, and ample free parking.
We are one of the largest agencies with over 3,000 employees statewide. Our mission is to provide a safe and efficient intermodal transportation network that improves the quality of life and promotes economic vitality for the State and region. We are actively crafting the future of transportation in Connecticut, and we need your contribution to help us make a difference.
You will be given preference if you have:
• Knowledge of Cisco specific router and switch commands and functions, including basic understanding of Cisco IOS, NX-OS, IOS-XE/XR software, Symantec Antivirus 14
• Knowledge with 802.1 access controls, AAA, Radius, Tacacs+, layer 3 firewalls and IPS technologies
Service/Help Support: Responds to calls, email and personnel requests for technical support; tracks status of all problems and monitors open problems; resolves simple to moderate problems by providing support on hardware and software products; resolves simple to moderate technical calls from customers; acts as liaison between other technical staff, users and vendors regarding Help Desk and service requests; monitors personal computer (PC) performance; performs related duties as required.
Desktop Services: Diagnoses and resolves PC and simple software problems using a variety of diagnostic tools; uses diagnostic tools to identify hardware and/or software problems and initiates repair; rebuilds PCs and reconfigures user specific settings; installs new software releases of simple to moderate complexity; coordinates installation of and installs, modifies and maintains network components and PC hardware and/or software; assists in implementation of network and/or system hardware and software upgrades and/or enhancements; configures and installs terminal emulation software for host connection; performs related duties as required.
Network Services: Provides first level support for network connectivity, or related network issues for user community; assists with diagnoses and resolution of simple network problems; assists with the configuration of network components; resets and reinitializes devices when appropriate; assist in executing specific disaster recovery plans; provides user support and on the spot training to users; performs related duties as required.
Software Development: Prepares computer programs for solution of business problems from narrative statements, program specifications and other data as source materials; customizes software applications to meet user requirements; assists systems and application developers in analysis, design and development of information systems; prepares test data; performs system tests; debugs/corrects errors; diagnoses problems with operating systems specific to incompatibility with other applications; acts as liaison between other technical staff, users and vendors regarding basic application design and modification including database management systems; maintains and enhances existing programs; installs system upgrades and patches in support of application software; documents system changes and problem resolutions; participates in project planning sessions with team members to analyze requirements; uses programmer productivity tools; performs related duties as required.
Production Control: Performs technical functions in areas of documentation control, production control, systems software and production scheduling; responsible for effective utilization of production control software; prepares production schedule for computer processing; analyzes and resolves production control problems related to area of involvement; performs related duties as required.
You will be given preference if you have:
· Knowledge of Cisco specific router and switch commands and functions, including basic understanding of Cisco IOS, NX-OS, IOS-XE/XR software, Symantec Antivirus 14.
· Knowledge with 802.1 access controls, AAA, Radius, Tacacs+, layer 3 firewalls and IPS technologies
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.