Financial Management Division
|Date Opened||10/10/2019 11:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$57,750 - $73,484/year|
|Job Type||Open to Agency Employees|
|Close Date||10/18/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) is charged with conserving, improving and protecting the natural resources and the environment of the state of Connecticut as well as making cheaper, cleaner and more reliable energy available for the people and businesses of the state. The agency is also committed to playing a positive role in rebuilding Connecticut’s economy and creating jobs and to fostering a sustainable and prosperous economic future for the state.
DEEP's Bureau of Central Services, Financial Management Division, has a promotional opportunity for a current agency employee as a Fiscal Administrative Assistant in Hartford, CT. This position will be assigned to one of the following areas: Accounts Payable, Assets/Inventory/Equipment, Central Permits Processing, or Financial Reports and Projects.
Please be advised this is a promotional opportunity for employees in the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. The selected employee will be promoted by reclassification in his or her position. This is NOT A VACANCY and, therefore, merit system and reemployment rules do not apply.
This position is Mon - Fri, 40 hours per week, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, although variable at times in order to meet agency needs.
Applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
Questions about this position should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: DEEP.HumanResources@ct.gov, (860)424-3006.
This position is competitive.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must be a current State of CT employee of the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, who has permanent state status*, and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
*For employees in the classified service, permanent status is obtained after successful completion of a working test period. For employees in the unclassified service, permanent status is obtained after serving in a position for at least six months (full-time or full-time equivalent).
Four (4) years of experience in complex clerical work in one or more fiscal/administrative functions such as accounting, accounts examining, budget management, grant administration, human resources, payroll, or purchasing.
Note: Complex clerical work is defined as generally routine fiscal/ administrative work, such as financial record keeping or examining, bookkeeping, requisitioning or payroll preparation at or above the level of Financial Clerk. Descriptions of these fiscal/administrative functions are attached
1. College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of two (2) years.
2. One (1) year as a Pre-Professional Trainee in fiscal/administrative work may be substituted for the General Experience.
The preferred candidate will demonstrate the following:
· Fundamental knowledge of accounting obtained through work experience or formal coursework;
· Significant experience with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and the ability to prepare work product and presentations by effectively using the menu items, cell formulas and functions to sort, analyze and present information;
· Experience with CORE-CT (PeopleSoft/Oracle) financial modules;Work experience in support services and business office tasks such as travel authorizations and reimbursements in accordance with travel guidelines and bargaining unit contracts, physical plant/facility support, reconciliations, purchasing cards/corporate cards, petty cash, invoice processing, automobile fleet administration, telecommunication service requests, requisition entry;
· Work experience in contracting through request for proposal (RFP) development and posting (as necessary) to ensure evaluation criteria are well defined and scope and deliverables are clear and concise; establish and route contracts internally through the personal service agreement (PSA) process as appropriate;
· Ability to read, interpret and understand written material; especially financial and operational documentation, including financial statements and reports, investments, policies and procedures;
· Strong attention to detail, the ability to adapt to changing work priorities and compressed deadlines.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.