(Executive Assistant 1)
|Date Opened||9/25/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$75,000 - $105,000/year|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||7/10/2020 11:59:00 PM|
UPDATE as of 7.7.20: THIS RECRUITMENT WILL CLOSE ON JULY 10, 2020 at 11:59p.m.
Applications are being accepted for an Executive Assistant 1 position, serving in the role as a Securities Counsel, with the State of Connecticut Office of the State Treasurer. The position has primary responsibility for providing legal advice and counsel to the Treasurer and his professional staff concerning legal matters relative to the Office including, without limitation, contracting, dispute resolution, litigation management, legislation, regulations, and administrative policy. The successful candidate will work under the general direction of the General Counsel or his designee; may supervise staff as assigned; may manage relationships with outside counsel, the Office of the Attorney General, and other state and federal entities. This is a full time (40 hours per week), unclassified position located centrally in Hartford, CT. The selected candidate will be appointed as authorized by Section 5-198(10) of the Connecticut General Statutes.
This position requires:
All applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application with their submission. Please Note: You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system. Recruitment will remain posted until filled.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Ronnell Young at Ronnell.Young@ct.gov or (860)702-3144.
• Minimum three to five years’ experience in investment law including the negotiation of sophisticated financial transactions (involving private equity, hedge fund, real estate), mergers and acquisitions work, public finance, custody work, structured finance – preferably representing institutional investors.
• Experience with public market transactions including ISDAs, repurchase agreements, futures and forward agreements, etc.
• Familiarity with international securities law regulation and compliance.
• Working knowledge of Delaware corporate, partnership and limited liability law.
• Experience with SEC, FINRA, MSRB, CFTC regulation and compliance.
• Experience advising fiduciaries.
• Understanding of corporate governance initiatives.
• Experience in drafting contracts and complex financial instruments.
• Ability to work independently and manage competing deadlines in a quick paced, challenging environment.
• Excellent research skills.
• Willingness to provide flexibility with respect to work hours as needed.
• Exceptional oral and written skills; tenacious attention to detail.
• Ability to quickly learn clients’ operational needs and further ability to anticipate needs based upon this understanding.
• Ability to work on special projects as needed.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.