|Date Opened||9/12/2019 12:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,178 - $57,970/year|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||9/20/2019 11:59:00 PM|
Capital Community College (CCC) is a constituent unit of the Board of Regents for Higher Education (BOR), Connecticut State Colleges and Universities. As one of the State of Connecticut institutions of higher learning, CCC is a community of learners dedicated to helping students accomplish and exceed their goals. Located in the heart of our capital city of Hartford, CT, our downtown location and partnerships with cultural institutions, businesses and government provide students with a rich learning experience that is stimulating, with access to jobs and internships students won’t get anywhere else.
We are currently seeking applications for a Secretary 1 in the Campus Operations and HR Divisions. This is a 40 hours per week position, with a Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m. work schedule.
Supporting the Associate Dean of Campus Operations and the HR Director, the incumbent in this position will be required to perform a variety of high level administrative duties that support the Associated Dean of Campus Operations and the HR Department for a Community College in an urban setting (the college is located at the heart of Hartford, CT. An individual in this position will thrive in this role if they have the ability to operate suite software as well as considerable knowledge of:
Applicants invited to interview may be required to submit additional documentation, which supports their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account. Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position. For all other inquiries, please contact Josephine Agnello-Veley: email@example.com; 860-906-5002.
Incumbents perform a variety of secretarial duties as illustrated in the following areas:
1. TYPING: Using a personal computer or other electronic equipment formats and types a full range of correspondence, reports, bills, drafts, etc. from rough draft, transcription, dictated notes, etc.; proofreads for content; edits using knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
2. FILING: Designs office filing systems; organizes and maintains files (including confidential files); maintains, updates and reviews reference materials and manuals.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Composes routine letters/memoranda, etc. (e.g. standard replies and acknowledgement letters) for supervisor's signature.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles information from standard sources and prepares data reports (e.g. number of forms processed during the month).
5. INTERPERSONAL: Greets and directs visitors; answers phones and takes messages; answers questions requiring knowledge of terminology, organization, supervisor's responsibilities, etc. (e.g. appropriate referrals, general purpose of the unit).
6. PROCESSING: Scans correspondence; pulls and attaches related materials; reviews, routes and prioritizes mail.
7. PERSONAL SECRETARY: Arranges and coordinates meetings (including space and equipment); writes minutes of meetings, lectures, conferences, etc. from rough draft; takes notes using shorthand, speedwriting or machine transcription prepares expense accounts; makes travel arrangements.
8. OFFICE MANAGEMENT: Maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment; orders supplies when necessary; completes, processes and maintains paperwork for purchasing (e.g. orders, requisitions, invoices, etc.); maintains time and attendance records; performs related duties as required.
This position function as the personal secretary to the Associate Dean of Compus Operations and at the HR Director at the college campus, as well as provide overall office management for the division and the HR department. Preference will be given to applicants with experience and training that closely resembles the duties listed below:
Examples of the duties include but are not limited to:
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.