|Date Opened||9/12/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$44,178 - $57,970/year|
|Job Type||Open to Statewide Employees|
|Close Date||9/19/2019 11:59:00 PM|
Our mission at the Connecticut Insurance Department is consumer protection. The Department carries out its mission by enforcing state insurance laws to ensure policyholders are treated fairly, by providing assistance, outreach and education to help consumers make sound choices and by regulating the industry in a fair and consistent manner that fosters market competition for availability of insurance.
We are currently seeking a full-time Secretary 1 position for the Consumer Affairs Division. Our position is located at 153 Market Street. We are easily accessible for all commuters, conveniently located in the Downtown area of Hartford. The position is 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8:00a.m to 4:30 p.m.
The selected candidate will provide administrative support and oversight and coordination of outreach activities.
Please ensure your application is complete and you have included your Resume in the 'Resume Tab' of your application.
This posting MAY require completion of additional referral questions (RQ’s) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. Please regularly check your email for notifications. You must reply by the deadline indicated on the notification or you will be automatically disqualified from consideration.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact CID's Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, (860) 297-3936.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must be a current State of CT employee, who has permanent state status* and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
*For employees in the classified service, permanent status is obtained after successful completion of a working test period. For employees in the unclassified service, permanent status is obtained after serving in a position for at least six months (full-time or full-time equivalent).
Incumbents perform a variety of secretarial duties as illustrated in the following areas:
1. TYPING: Using a personal computer or other electronic equipment formats and types a full range of correspondence, reports, bills, drafts, etc. from rough draft, transcription, dictated notes, etc.; proofreads for content; edits using knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
2. FILING: Designs office filing systems; organizes and maintains files (including confidential files); maintains, updates and reviews reference materials and manuals.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Composes routine letters/memoranda, etc. (e.g. standard replies and acknowledgement letters) for supervisor's signature.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles information from standard sources and prepares data reports (e.g. number of forms processed during the month).
5. INTERPERSONAL: Greets and directs visitors; answers phones and takes messages; answers questions requiring knowledge of terminology, organization, supervisor's responsibilities, etc. (e.g. appropriate referrals, general purpose of the unit).
6. PROCESSING: Scans correspondence; pulls and attaches related materials; reviews, routes and prioritizes mail.
7. PERSONAL SECRETARY: Arranges and coordinates meetings (including space and equipment); writes minutes of meetings, lectures, conferences, etc. from rough draft; takes notes using shorthand, speedwriting or machine transcription prepares expense accounts; makes travel arrangements.
8. OFFICE MANAGEMENT: Maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment; orders supplies when necessary; completes, processes and maintains paperwork for purchasing (e.g. orders, requisitions, invoices, etc.); maintains time and attendance records; performs related duties as required.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess the following:
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.