New Haven, CT
|Date Opened||8/6/2019 10:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$67,574 - $88,231/year|
|Job Type||Open to Agency Employees|
|Close Date||8/20/2019 11:59:00 PM|
Southern Connecticut State University (SCSU) is a constituent unit of the Board of Regents for Higher Education (BOR), Connecticut State Colleges and Universities. As one of the State of Connecticut institutions of higher learning, this university offers a diverse and student-centered experience, dedicated to academic excellence, access, and service for the public good. Southern provides a supportive and welcoming environment for all members of its community through a campus wide commitment to social justice.
Founded as a teacher's college in 1893, Southern has evolved over the past century into a comprehensive public university of more than 10,000 students, offering graduate and undergraduate programs in the liberal arts and professional disciplines. It is one of four universities in the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities System. The University is located in New Haven, a city rich with arts and culture, and less than 90 miles from New York City and 140 miles from Boston.
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Supervisor 2 (Electrical) to work full -time. The position is first-shift, 7:00am - 3:00pm.
Candidates for this position will be required to submit a copy of their E-1 License during the interview period.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must be a current State of CT employee of the Board of Regents, who has permanent state status*, and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
*For employees in the classified service, permanent status is obtained after successful completion of a working test period. For employees in the unclassified service, permanent status is obtained after serving in a position for at least six months (full-time or full-time equivalent).
All applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application with their submission. Applicants invited to interview will be required to submit additional documentation, which supports their qualification(s) for this position.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account. Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position. For all other inquiries, please contact Francesca Poole at email@example.com.
Three (3) years of the General Experience must have included performing highly skilled duties in the trade area indicated by the parenthetical title.
Note: For State Employees, this is interpreted at or above the level of Qualified Craft Worker.
1. Incumbents in this class may be required by the appointing authority to possess and retain appropriate current licenses, permits and/or certifications including possession and retention of a license as a Unlimited Journeyperson in the trade area indicated by the parenthetical title.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
1. Incumbents in this class must have adequate physical strength, stamina, physical agility and visual and auditory acuity, and must maintain such physical fitness as to be able to perform the duties of the class.
2. A physical examination may be required.
1. Incumbents in this class may be required to lift moderate to heavy weights; may be exposed to extreme weather conditions and to risk of injury from equipment.
2. The appointing authority may require completion of an asbestos removal program consistent with EPA guidelines for operations and maintenance during employment in this class. Incumbents may be required to use protective equipment such as respirators and safety goggles.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.