Information Technology Manager 1
|Date Opened||8/5/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$93,442* - $127,413/year (*New Hires Start at Minimum)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||8/19/2019 11:59:00 PM|
Are you an IT expert and love to look for efficient ways to improve technology?
Do you have superb communication and organizations skills and are hardworking?
Our mission at the State of Connecticut Administrative Services (DAS), is to strive to promote timely, fair, competent, cost-effective services to address the needs of state agencies, municipalities and the public.
We provide superior benefits, competitive salaries and place where people truly believe in what they are doing. We’re committed in bringing passion and customer focus to all those with whom we interact.
The Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology (BEST), is seeking a motivated, self-initiating applicant with strong collaboration skills to join our Platform Division team as a Systems and Storage Manager (IT Manager 1).
In this role you will provide the planning, monitoring, mentoring, direction and administrative support for the Virtual Management, Windows server, LINUX sand Storage support team. These environments support many agencies and it is deeply critical to the overall support of the State's business functions.
Location: 55 Farmington Avenue, Hartford, CT
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm
You will report directly to the Director of Platform Services.
All applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position.
State employees currently holding the above title or those who have previously attained permanent status in this class may apply for a lateral transfer.
Questions about these required documents or any other phase of this recruitment should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: Elena Vazquez, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Within the Department of Administrative Services, Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology and Centers of Information Technology Excellence, these classes are accountable for the management and direction of information systems, applications development, management and implementation of complex information technology projects implementing business and technical requirements into architectural blueprints, maintenance, computer operations and similar information technology functions including technical and support staff.
Within a state agency information technology division, these classes are accountable for the management and direction of information systems, applications development, systems maintenance, and similar information technology functions as well as technical and support staff.
This position will be responsible for:
· Plan and Deploy for Business Results, which includes the ability to develop and implement business plans, IT plans, budget plans, and human resource plans in order to maximize budget allocations, technology, personnel and other resources to achieve agency and program goals.
· Lead Change, which includes innovation, the ability to be a creative problem solver and a strategic thinker, and the ability to recognize and develop opportunities to grow and develop information technology services in response to customers and a changing work environment
· Focus on Results and Quality, including exercising and promoting accountability, and the ability to analyze surveys, financial and other data, and use strategic planning and performance measurement techniques to continuously improve performance and maintain competitiveness
· Understand Customers and Markets, which includes the ability to establish customer satisfaction and loyalty, forecast and conduct market analyses, keep ahead of industry trends and incorporate “best practices” into information technology operations.
· Lead People, including the ability to resolve conflict, communicate effectively, coach and train employees, recognize performance, and foster diversity and teamwork.
· Build Coalitions, including the ability to explain and advocate facts and ideas in a convincing manner, to negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally, to gain cooperation from others, and to identify the internal and external politics that impact the work of the organization.
· Business Knowledge, including knowledge of the technical, professional, procedural and legal requirements of the specific information technology area.
Three (3) years of the General Experience must have been in a lead capacity.
Note: For State Employees, this is interpreted to be at the level of an Information Technology Analyst 3.
The successful candidate will possess:
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.