Engineering and Field Support Services
|Date Opened||6/27/2019 1:45:00 PM|
|Salary||$10.10 - 14.00/hour|
|Close Date||8/30/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) is charged with conserving, improving and protecting the natural resources and the environment of the state of Connecticut as well as making cheaper, cleaner and more reliable energy available for the people and businesses of the state. The agency is also committed to playing a positive role in rebuilding Connecticut’s economy and creating jobs and to fostering a sustainable and prosperous economic future for the state.
DEEP's Bureau of Central Services Engineering and Field Support Division has current openings for Seasonal Resource Assistants. These positions will provide maintenance support assisting with work related to the Portland Complex. The Portland Complex consists of an administrative building, warehouse, sign shop, saw mill, other related buildings and expansive grounds set in Meshomasic State Forest.
Salary: $10.10 to $14.00 per hour depending on education and experience. There are no benefits.
Length of positions: up to six (6) months.
These positions are 40 hours per week, 7:00am-to 3:30pm, Monday thru Friday.
Applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
Questions about this position should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: DEEP.HumanResources@ct.gov, (860)424-3006.
These positions are non-competitive. Open to the public.
Selected candidates must have a valid driver's license, be at least 18 years old, have the ability to perform strenuous tasks and have good interpersonal skills.
1. Incumbents in these classes who are assigned as patrol persons or supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in these classes may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing patrol officer functions must currently possess Police Officer Standard Training (POST) certification or be eligible for POST recertification without completing the Basic Training program again (i.e. must be current or retired within two (2) years of last POST certified required employment) or Connecticut State Police (CSP) Academy certification (must be current or retired within two (2) years of last CSP certified required employment). Must pass a seasonal patroller training course as approved by the Connecticut State Police.
4. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.