Hammonasset Beach State Park Ticket Office Staff
|Date Opened||3/21/2019 3:45:00 PM|
|Salary||$10.10 - 14.00/hour|
|Close Date||10/1/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP), Bureau of Outdoor Recreation, State Parks Division is currently seeking to fill multiple Seasonal Resource Assistant positions at Hammonasset Beach State Park in Madison, CT, with the ticket office staff.
Hammonasset Beach State Park, is more than just another day at the beach. Connecticut's largest shoreline park offers over 2 miles of beautiful sandy beach to enjoy swimming, strolling, or just relaxing in the sun and surf. Each year, almost 100 seasonal employees join with the small full-time staff at the Park to provide and maintain a range of recreational services. With well over 2 million annual visitors, and one of the largest campgrounds in the country, Hammonasset Beach offers a wide variety of exceptional outdoor recreation experiences for CT resident and visitors alike. Come join a successful team that has been providing these services to the public for almost 100 years.
Positions Include: (see details under Examples of Duties)
Office Supervisor (Ticket Booth): Provides general office and operation support services at ticket booth. Minimum Age: 18
Ticket Booth Attendant: Provides general ticket booth services. Minimum Age: 16
For Lifeguard, Lifeguard Supervisor and Beach Director positions at Hammonasset Beach, see separate job posting.
Approximate Dates of Employment: mid-April – mid-October.
Pay rates are $10.10 -14.00/hr. depending on relevant skills and experience. No benefits.
Length of positions: anticipated start dates vary by position and runs through the recreation season; anticipated duration is a maximum of 1030 hours. Most positions are typically first shift, but other positions will be second or third shift. Typically positions are 5 days per week, and include mandatory weekend shifts.
Note: Do not submit a cover letter. Applicants must only include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
Any inquiries regarding the status of your application for this park’s positions must be made directly to the individual park: Rebecca Demchak, firstname.lastname@example.org, (860) 424-3940.
CT DEEP encourages you to consider applying for seasonal opportunities at alternate locations as your application is under review.
These positions are non-competitive. Open to the public.
Selected candidates must be fluent in English and be at least 16 years old or 18 years old, depending on the position.
Selected candidates must possess and maintain adequate physical flexibility, strength and stamina to perform the duties (including work outside in inclement weather, work outside for extended periods), and work well with other staff and members of the public.
Office Supervisor (Ticket Booth): Provides general office and operation support services at ticket booth. Resolves complaints and other issues or refers them to the proper authority; oversees opening and closing procedures; trains, supervises and schedules Ticket Booth Attendants; evaluates work performance; acts as primary visitor contact; rings up and accepts parking fees; sells season passes; greets park visitors; provides directions; checks in buses; and answers questions about the park, state park rules and regulations, and the local area. Minimum age: 18 Special Requirements: Previous retail/customer service experience preferred. Approximate Dates of Employment: mid-April – mid-September.
Ticket Booth Attendant: Provides general ticket booth services. Rings up and accepts parking fees; sells season passes; greets Park visitors; provides directions; checks in buses; and answers questions about the Park, State Park rules and regulations, and the local area. Minimum Age: 16 Special Requirements: Previous retail/customer service experience preferred. Approximate Dates of Employment: mid-April – mid-September.
1. Incumbents in these classes who are assigned as patrol persons or supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in these classes may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing patrol officer functions must currently possess Police Officer Standard Training (POST) certification or be eligible for POST recertification without completing the Basic Training program again (i.e. must be current or retired within two (2) years of last POST certified required employment) or Connecticut State Police (CSP) Academy certification (must be current or retired within two (2) years of last CSP certified required employment). Must pass a seasonal patroller training course as approved by the Connecticut State Police.
4. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.