|Date Opened||2/9/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$66,213 - $85,597/year|
|Job Type||Open to Statewide Employees|
|Close Date||2/20/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Transportation (DOT) Division of Business Services seeks a qualified individual for the position of Fiscal Administrative Officer (FAO) in the Accounts Payable Unit in Newington. This position is for the first shift, 7:30 am – 4:00 pm, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
This position is for a candidate who will be a working supervisor for the Fiscal/Administrative Assistants responsible for the “specialized transactions” assigned to the Accounts Payable Unit. This FAO will be spending their time performing a wide variety of functions as well as performing a supervisory role to provide consistency, complete oversight, and management of these tasks. Thes tasks include but are not limited to: performing DOT Travel Coordination functions; processing employee reimbursements; managing the DOT utility accounts; processing vendor payments; processing Service Transfer Invoices; processing Construction Estimates; processing Consultant Agreement payments; approving vouchers for payment; reconciling and resolving payment discrepancies with Vendors; and perform related duties as required.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must be a current State of CT employee, who has permanent state status* and meet the Minimum and Preferred Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
*For employees in the classified service, permanent status is obtained after successful completion of a working test period. For employees in the unclassified service, permanent status is obtained after serving in a position for at least six months (full-time or full-time equivalent).
Applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application. Ensure that your application is complete before submitting it. Applicants will be unable to make revisions once their application is submitted into the JobAps system.
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position. The DOT Accounts Payable Unit may use this list to fill other FAO vacancies in the unit for up to a year.
Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Jennifer Brame at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference #28476.
In a state agency, facility or institution this class is accountable for independently performing a full range of tasks in professional level fiscal and administrative functions.
1. College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (l5) semester hours equalling one-half (l/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in public administration, business administration or accounting may be substituted for one (l) year of the Special Experience.
3. For state employees two (2) years as a Fiscal/Administrative Assistant may be substituted for the General and Special Experience.
4. For state employees two (2) years as a Purchasing Assistant may be substituted for the General and Special Experience.
*Descriptions of these fiscal/administrative functions are attached
Candidates are required to have supervisory experience, to have work experience within an Accounts Payable setting, possess considerable knowledge of basic office practices, and are preferred to have the following:
• Supervisory experience.
• Experience performing Travel Coordinator Functions including in-depth knowledge of the state’s travel policies and multiple Union’s travel requirements, creating and processing Travel Authorization approvals, and processing Travel Petty Cash Advance requests.
• Experience processing employee reimbursement requests.
• Experience managing utility accounts including setting up new accounts, closing accounts, reconciling accounts and resolving payment issues.
• Experience processing various types of payments to include vendor payments, Service Transfer Invoices, Construction Estimates, Consultant Agreement payments, and utility payments.
• Experience reviewing and approving vouchers for vendor payments.
• Reconcile accounts and resolve payment discrepancies with vendors.
• Considerable customer service experience including corresponding and communicating with both internal and external customers.
• Experience with Microsoft Office and CORE-CT.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.