Rocky Hill, CT
|Date Opened||2/7/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$56,755 - $80,596/year|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||2/16/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut Department of Transportation (DOT) invites applications for a Design Engineer 1 position in its Traffic Signal Installation Unit located in Rocky Hill. This position is full-time, 40 hours per week, and is in the P-4 (Engineering and Scientific) bargaining unit. The work hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The knowledge of and duties for this position include:
• Engineering design of video detection system installations at State-owned traffic signal locations
• Troubleshoot and support video detection system equipment operations at State-owned traffic signals
• Evaluate new video detection system products and equipment for potential use by the State
• Work with video detection system suppliers and manufacturers to resolve operational issues
• Schedule, assign, oversee and review work of Electronic Technicians
• Prepares analyses of designs for traffic signals and traffic control devices
• Prepares plans and specifications for traffic control equipment under direction of a Transportation Engineer 3
• Review shop drawings and signal design layout plans prepared by DOT and private sector engineers
• Use of specified computer software to develop and implement traffic signal equipment databases and timing changes for computerized traffic signal systems
• Act as a liaison between DOT and other entities (such as traffic engineering, highway operations, district electrical offices, rail offices) in the design and maintenance of traffic signals
• Respond to legal inquiries involving traffic control equipment
• Coordinate 24/7 maintenance of traffic signals; Make off-hour phone calls to lower level technicians to assign overtime work for repairing traffic signals; and respond to emergency overtime callouts as required
• Provide training to other DOT engineers and technicians on the most current traffic control equipment used by the Department
• Knowledge of Electronic Engineering (Electrical) would be helpful in this position.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.