|Date Opened||2/5/2019 2:40:00 PM|
|Salary||$90,282 - $123,104/year|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||2/14/2019 11:59:00 PM|
Are you interested in working with professionals that are open to new ideas?
Do you want to be part of a project management team that supports improving sustainability, enhancing efficiencies and improving coordination and effectiveness?
The State of Connecticut, Department of Revenue Services (DRS), has a current opportunity for an Information Technology Manager 1 to serve as a functional Project Manager to primarily be accountable for developing and maintaining multiple project plans and serving as the liaison to Senior Management.
At DRS, our mission is to instill public confidence in the integrity and fairness of tax collection; achieve the highest level of voluntary taxpayer compliance; continuously improve agency performance; contribute to the fiscal and economic well-being of the state; and provide a positive and professional workplace. We strive to be leaner, flatter, smarter and more focused by taxpayer services than ever before. We strive every day to be efficient, effective, honest, transparent and fair. We try to be sure the voice of taxpayers is heard and that we understand the impact of our actions on their lives and businesses.
As a Project Manager, you will ensure projects meet contractual requirements and are delivered within the approved project scope and schedule. Additionally, you will secure acceptance and approval of deliverables from project sponsors and applicable stakeholders. You will work with stakeholders from the business side, as well as a team of technically diversified individuals that are dedicated to providing business solutions to our customers.
This opportunity is located at our primary location of 450 Columbus Boulevard, Hartford, CT., easily accessible to all major highways.
The position is first shift, 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
Please ensure that your application is complete, and you have included a resume within the "Resume Tab" of your application.
Candidates who do not submit the required documents above will not be considered.
Questions about these required documents should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: Kylee Green at (860) 297-5734 or email@example.com.
This position is competitive. Open to the public.
NOTE: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Within the Department of Administrative Services, Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology and Centers of Information Technology Excellence, these classes are accountable for the management and direction of information systems, applications development, management and implementation of complex information technology projects implementing business and technical requirements into architectural blueprints, maintenance, computer operations and similar information technology functions including technical and support staff.
Within a state agency information technology division, these classes are accountable for the management and direction of information systems, applications development, systems maintenance, and similar information technology functions as well as technical and support staff.
Plans, organizes and manages all operations and activities of an information technology services unit, division, function or location; responsible for meeting all data processing or information technology needs of the respective unit, division, function or location; establishes priorities for systems development and information technology projects in accordance with agency requirements; coordinates, plans and manages solution architecture projects; directs the planning, design and implementation of complex storage solution configuration; develops plans for future utilization information technology services in the overall agency program; within the financial resources of the agency ensuring the development of high quality, low-cost technology solutions aligned with the needs of the State and its agencies; aligns information technology planning with the business strategy; leads and influences the development of standards and decisions regarding changes to systems/applications; manages information systems activities within areas such as IT infrastructure and architecture, applications development, networks, computer operations and support; oversees information technology projects from conception to completion; works with leadership team to maximize cross-team contributions; leads information technology operations to ensure exceptional quality and timely response to all customer service issues; interfaces regularly with clients/customers; stays abreast of local, regional and national industry trends; understands the major economic, political, technological and competitive trends affecting technology; to capture competitive advantages, searches out challenging opportunities to change, grow, innovate and improve; compares information technology with those of significant competitors and makes appropriate adjustments; coordinates the use of key people, resources, technologies, process, and capabilities to reach strategic goals; sets an example by acting in ways that are consistent with shared department values; fosters collaboration by promoting cooperative goals, building trust and enlisting others in a common vision; strengthens staff by providing choice, developing competence and offering visible support; focuses on continuous learning for self and staff; actively acknowledges individual and team accomplishments; leverages technological solutions to meet business needs; performs related duties as required.
Examples of duties for this specific position:
· Plan and Deploy for Business Results, which includes the ability to develop and implement business plans, IT plans, budget plans, and human resource plans in order to maximize budget allocations, technology, personnel and other resources to achieve agency and program goals.
· Lead Change, which includes innovation, the ability to be a creative problem solver and a strategic thinker, and the ability to recognize and develop opportunities to grow and develop information technology services in response to customers and a changing work environment
· Focus on Results and Quality, including exercising and promoting accountability, and the ability to analyze surveys, financial and other data, and use strategic planning and performance measurement techniques to continuously improve performance and maintain competitiveness
· Understand Customers and Markets, which includes the ability to establish customer satisfaction and loyalty, forecast and conduct market analyses, keep ahead of industry trends and incorporate “best practices” into information technology operations.
· Lead People, including the ability to resolve conflict, communicate effectively, coach and train employees, recognize performance, and foster diversity and teamwork.
· Build Coalitions, including the ability to explain and advocate facts and ideas in a convincing manner, to negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally, to gain cooperation from others, and to identify the internal and external politics that impact the work of the organization.
· Business Knowledge, including knowledge of the technical, professional, procedural and legal requirements of the specific information technology area.
Three (3) years of the General Experience must have been in a lead capacity.
Note: For State Employees, this is interpreted to be at the level of an Information Technology Analyst 3.
· Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP).
· Ability to develop, review, and monitor operational procedures.
· Strong customer service focus.
· Project Management background with large scale multi-year application implementation projects from conception to completion.
· Proven ability to lead change.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Hands on experience documenting business process workflows.
· Experience establishing standards and procedures for Project Management Office (PMO).
· Experience administering projects using Rally, Clarity or Computer Associates (CA), Agile Central and Portfolio Project Management (PPM).
1. The Information Technology Project Manager is limited to the Department of Administrative Services, Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology and Centers of Information Technology Excellence as identified by the statewide Chief Information Officer. Managers functioning in this capacity oversee a portfolio of large, long range or multiple on-going projects. The complexity of the assignment is determined by project scope, risk exposure, span of control, diversity of skill-sets and capabilities as well as the size of project budget and number of team members. They oversee all phases of projects from conception to completion utilizing PMI standards.
2. Incumbents assigned to positions designated to perform Information Technology Project Management may be required to possess Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP).
3. The Solutions Architect is limited to the Department of Administrative Services, Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology and Centers of Information Technology Excellence as identified by the statewide Chief Information Officer. Managers functioning in this capacity oversee all aspects of solution architect projects which includes the development of technology solutions and mapping business requirements to systems and technical requirements ensuring alignment with the enterprise architectural plan.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.