|Date Opened||1/29/2019 11:10:00 AM|
|Salary||$12.00 - 14.00 per hour|
|Close Date||3/15/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The Fisheries Division is seeking to hire multiple Seasonal Research Assistants who will be part of a team, led by a fisheries biologist, that will be responsible for the collection of electrofishing data from rivers and streams, assist in the operation of spawning marshes for Northern Pike, assist in the daily stocking and operations at state trout hatcheries, enter fish community and population data, and conduct counts/interviews of people engaged in fishing.
These positions for this program will work out of Fisheries Divisions – Marlborough Field Office, located at 209 Hebron Road, Marlborough, CT.
Duration of Positions: Employment will begin in April and end in late August.
Pay Rate: Pay rate varies from $12 to $14 per hour depending on education and experience. There are no benefits or paid holidays.
Note: Do not submit a cover letter. Applicants must only include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
Any inquiries regarding the status of your application for this position must be made directly to: Mike Beauchene, firstname.lastname@example.org.
These positions are non-competitive. Open to the public.
Selected candidates will have a valid driver’s license and an excellent driving record.
The selected candidates must be fluent in English and be at least 18 years old.
The selected candidates must possess and maintain adequate physical flexibility, strength and stamina to perform the duties (including work outside in inclement weather, work outside for extended periods), and work well with other staff and members of the public.
College level course work and/or experience in one or more of the following: outdoor education, aquatic biology, ecology, fisheries biology or management, and environmental science.
Experience with Connecticut’s freshwater fish is a plus.
Preferred candidates have a background and strong interest in outdoor education and/or fisheries, and are comfortable working outdoors, weekends, or late into the night.
1. Incumbents in these classes who are assigned as patrol persons or supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in these classes may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing patrol officer functions must currently possess Police Officer Standard Training (POST) certification or be eligible for POST recertification without completing the Basic Training program again (i.e. must be current or retired within two (2) years of last POST certified required employment) or Connecticut State Police (CSP) Academy certification (must be current or retired within two (2) years of last CSP certified required employment). Must pass a seasonal patroller training course as approved by the Connecticut State Police.
4. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.