|Date Opened||1/12/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$90,282* - $123,104/year (*New Hires Start at minimum)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||1/25/2019 11:59:00 PM|
Are you looking to provide the most efficient and effective technical support services while managing a team of IT experts in the public sector?
Do you have the skills needed to configure and implement the most complex networks and applications systems?
The State of Connecticut, Department of Administrative Services' (DAS) Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology (BEST) – Unified Communications, is currently recruiting for a full-time, 40 hours per week, Information Technology Manager 1. This Monday through Friday position is located at 55 Farmington Avenue in Hartford. We are easily accessible for all commuters!
The Unified Communication Services unit enables state employee productivity through the following:
All applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: performance reviews, attendance, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Elena Vazquez at Elena.Vazquez@ct.gov, (860) 713-5166.
Within the Department of Administrative Services, Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology and Centers of Information Technology Excellence, these classes are accountable for the management and direction of information systems, applications development, management and implementation of complex information technology projects implementing business and technical requirements into architectural blueprints, maintenance, computer operations and similar information technology functions including technical and support staff.
Within a state agency information technology division, these classes are accountable for the management and direction of information systems, applications development, systems maintenance, and similar information technology functions as well as technical and support staff.
The primary responsibilities of the position involve overseeing the team responsible for the planning, configuration, design and installation of data and telecommunications components related to the state’s enterprise telecommunications environment. Typical duties include:
· Plan and Deploy for Business Results, which includes the ability to develop and implement business plans, IT plans, budget plans, and human resource plans in order to maximize budget allocations, technology, personnel and other resources to achieve agency and program goals.
· Lead Change, which includes innovation, the ability to be a creative problem solver and a strategic thinker, and the ability to recognize and develop opportunities to grow and develop information technology services in response to customers and a changing work environment
· Focus on Results and Quality, including exercising and promoting accountability, and the ability to analyze surveys, financial and other data, and use strategic planning and performance measurement techniques to continuously improve performance and maintain competitiveness
· Understand Customers and Markets, which includes the ability to establish customer satisfaction and loyalty, forecast and conduct market analyses, keep ahead of industry trends and incorporate “best practices” into information technology operations.
· Lead People, including the ability to resolve conflict, communicate effectively, coach and train employees, recognize performance, and foster diversity and teamwork.
· Build Coalitions, including the ability to explain and advocate facts and ideas in a convincing manner, to negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally, to gain cooperation from others, and to identify the internal and external politics that impact the work of the organization.
· Business Knowledge, including knowledge of the technical, professional, procedural and legal requirements of the specific information technology area.
Three (3) years of the General Experience must have been in a lead capacity.
Note: For State Employees, this is interpreted to be at the level of an Information Technology Analyst 3.
You will possess:
1. The Information Technology Project Manager is limited to the Department of Administrative Services, Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology and Centers of Information Technology Excellence as identified by the statewide Chief Information Officer. Managers functioning in this capacity oversee a portfolio of large, long range or multiple on-going projects. The complexity of the assignment is determined by project scope, risk exposure, span of control, diversity of skill-sets and capabilities as well as the size of project budget and number of team members. They oversee all phases of projects from conception to completion utilizing PMI standards.
2. Incumbents assigned to positions designated to perform Information Technology Project Management may be required to possess Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP).
3. The Solutions Architect is limited to the Department of Administrative Services, Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology and Centers of Information Technology Excellence as identified by the statewide Chief Information Officer. Managers functioning in this capacity oversee all aspects of solution architect projects which includes the development of technology solutions and mapping business requirements to systems and technical requirements ensuring alignment with the enterprise architectural plan.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.