|Date Opened||1/7/2019 11:10:00 AM|
|Salary||$11.00 - 14.00 per hour|
|Close Date||2/1/2019 11:59:00 PM|
At the State of Connecticut, Department of Energy & Environmental Protection (DEEP), we are dedicated to conserving, improving and protecting our natural resources and the environment and increasing the availability of cheaper, cleaner and more reliable energy. The mission of the Bureau of Natural Resources is to conserve and enhance Connecticut’s fish, wildlife and forest resources and to enhance opportunities for public use and appreciation. The Bureau of Natural Resources is made up of three Divisions (Fisheries, Forestry and Wildlife) and a central office.
Programs within the Forestry Division focus on working with partners to protect Connecticut's forest resources. With close to 60% of its land area in forest, Connecticut is one of the most heavily forested states in the nation. At the same time, Connecticut is also one of the most densely populated states.
The Forestry Division has multiple current opportunities for Seasonal Resource Assistants to be based at DEEP's Joseph Bigwood Forest Fire Headquarters in Middlebury, CT. These positions will be working in the Forest Protection Program, under direction of the Fire Control Officer in carrying out programmatic duties. Positions will work throughout the assigned district and may work statewide as needed.
Work week is unscheduled, but primarily Monday-Friday, some weekends. Up to 40 hours a week, some overtime possible.
Length of position: Starting approximately March 1, 2019. Position is 1,030 hours in duration.
Pay rate is $11.00 - 14.00 per hour depending on education and experience. There are no benefits.
Note: Do not submit a cover letter. Applicants must only include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
Questions about this position should be directed to Helene.firstname.lastname@example.org.
These positions are non-competitive. Open to the public.
Selected candidates must be fluent in English, be at least 18 years old and possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
Selected candidates must possess and maintain adequate physical flexibility, strength and stamina to perform the duties (including work outside in inclement weather, work outside for extended periods), and work well with other staff and members of the public.
All candidates should have prior firefighting experience.
Experience with fire/wildfire response, building and maintaining fire equipment, chainsaws, GPS and/or Avenza.
Possession of a CDL license or Q equivalent for fire apparatus preferred.
1. Incumbents in these classes who are assigned as patrol persons or supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in these classes may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing patrol officer functions must currently possess Police Officer Standard Training (POST) certification or be eligible for POST recertification without completing the Basic Training program again (i.e. must be current or retired within two (2) years of last POST certified required employment) or Connecticut State Police (CSP) Academy certification (must be current or retired within two (2) years of last CSP certified required employment). Must pass a seasonal patroller training course as approved by the Connecticut State Police.
4. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.