Within the State of Connecticut, Office of Health Strategy (OHS), Health Innovation Services unit, this class is accountable for assisting in the research, development, implementation of statewide health care reform initiatives to improve population health, healthcare delivery and affordability by reducing healthcare costs. The primary focus is for the selected candidate to serve as the lead for developing a national model for sustainable cross-sector investments in community health. Activities will include program design, strategy development, stakeholder engagement, contracting, procurement, budgeting, measurement, monitoring and oversight.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Deb Lyons at Deborah.Lyons@ct.gov, (860) 509-7180.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In the Office of Healthcare Advocate, State Innovation Model (SIM) unit, this class is accountable for assisting in the research, development, implementation of statewide health care reform initiatives to improve population health, healthcare delivery and affordability by reducing healthcare costs.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Performs a wide range of complex duties related to the State Innovation Model (SIM) statewide healthcare reform project; assists and/or may lead the development, implementation and evaluation of goals, policies and, processes related to the assigned function; serves as the subject matter of the function; researches and monitors changes in national care delivery standards and care delivery and payment reforms in other states; coordinates reform initiatives with various private entities and federal and state programs with integrated social and fiscal components of healthcare delivery, cost and payment; selects and monitors the performance of vendors to perform specialized training, data gathering and analysis and, technical assistance; monitors, analyzes, improves and provides guidance and reinforcement for the improvement of selected metrics to ensure quality of the deliverables of various programs, commercial, state and federal health plans, healthcare providers and others; recommends and monitors program or process changes; manages and monitors transformation grants; prepares required reports; develops and implements communication and public relations strategies; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to the healthcare industry, healthcare delivery, healthcare policy and reform, and insurance; knowledge of healthcare delivery and payment reform and practice transformation, knowledge of clinical and community integration; knowledge of legislative policy process; knowledge of planning, program and, project management principles; knowledge of process improvement or re-engineering to include measurement, analysis, improvement and control; considerable oral and written communication skills; ability to lead working groups to achieve goals; ability to plan and implement on time and within budget; ability to utilize computer software; some supervisory ability.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Seven (7) years of professional experience in a healthcare program, health services agency or other health care organization to include program and or project administration.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been performing formal program planning, development and evaluation.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equals six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in healthcare management, health policy and management or other closely related field may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Experience facilitating advisory groups to inform program policy, design and implementation.
- Experience using multi-media tools and engagement techniques to present to a wide variety of audiences and stakeholder communities.
- Master's degree in healthcare management, health policy and management or other closely related field.
- Experience managing complex projects and working effectively with cross-agency and contractor partners.
- Professional experience working in public health, healthcare reform and value-based payment and insurance design.
- Experience in public speaking and presentation.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. If you require an aid/accommodation to participate fully and fairly, please contact the DPH Human Resources Office at (860) 509-7177.