|Date Opened||9/15/2018 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$50,326 - $64,892/year|
|Job Type||Open to Agency Employees|
|Close Date||9/24/2018 11:59:00 PM|
This is a 37.5 hour position that is located in the Hartford Bridge Maintenance Facility. The hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Incumbents in this class must be willing to accept assignment to emergency duties, including snow and ice removal, whenever his or her services are needed; mandatory winter overtime from November 1 through April 30. Applicants must hold a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) (A or B), with the "tank endorsement" and valid Medical Examiner's Card (MEC) in order to be eligible to apply.
Incumbents in this class will be required to have a 30-mile residency from the job location.
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position. The Agency will conduct a practicum for the Trans. Maintainer 4 (Bridge) title, to evaluate and determine whether or not applicant(s) have the skills and qualifications to perform the duties of this position. Practicums shall be conducted pursuant to the Department of Transportation Administrative Guidelines for Conducting Practicums and will be part of the interview process.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must be a current employee of the Department of Transportation, who has permanent state status, and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
The following is a listing of examples of trucks, equipment, tasks or related duties, the operating, maintenance, or performing of which are considered to be the responsibilities and duties of positions in this class:
- Low bed type trailer tractor
- Hydraulic platform crane
- Tractor trailer with tilt trailer or 20 cubic yard dump trailer
- Center Line Marking Machine (Truck)
- (10 wheel, GVW of 58,000 pounds and 800 gallon tank)
- Track-mounted skid steer with various attachments including but not limited to: backhoe, miller, forestry
-Glycol vacuum scrubber with 8 foot pickup header
-Payloader with snow pusher
-Airfield deicing truck with 45 foot spray boom
-Double Wing Truck (Driver)
- Motor graders
- Loader Mounted Snow Blower (2000 ton per hour and over)
- Snow Broom
- Liquid asphalt application/joint sealing machine
- Back Hoe operation
- Post pounder operator
- Vactor operator
- Lead person in boundary stone setting
- Lead person in test borings
- Lead Vendor in Place (VIP) inspector
- Performing highly skilled tasks in one or more of the following areas or trades: construction, maintenance, mechanical repair, carpentry, masonry, welding, plumbing and painting.
- Highly skilled tree climbing work
- Sign erecting requiring complex rigging
- Center Line Marking Machine (Rear Switch Operator)
- District Equipment Coordinator/Radio Room operator (lead)
- District Projects Records Coordinator
- Multi-Media First Aid Trainer
- Highway Operations Center System Operator
- Acting crew leader
- May supervise a Materials Management Stockroom
- Wildlife hazard control
- Radio monitoring and communication
- Escort vendors, contractors, etc. in secure areas (State owned airports only)
- In addition to other duties, may be required to receive training in, stand by for and respond to fire and or crash emergency situations at state-owned airports; performs related duties as required.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Diane Tyc at Diane.Tyc@ct.gov.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we cannot confirm receipt or status updates during the recruitment process.
Candidates who are offered and accept a position with the State of Connecticut are bound by the State Code of Ethics for Public Officials and State Employees which is available at www.ct.gov/ethics.
The candidate pool resulting from this posting may be used to fill Transportation Maintainer 4 vacancies that occur at the Department of Transportation, Hartford Bridge Maintenance in the next twelve (12) months.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.