|Date Opened||8/13/2018 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$42,684* - $56,009/year (*New State employees)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||8/26/2018 11:59:00 PM|
The Workers’ Compensation Commission is presently recruiting for a Secretary 1 in the Compensation Review Board division. The Workers’ Compensation Commission is a quasi-judicial State agency charged with adjudicating contested workers’ compensation cases. The Compensation Review Board, located in the Office of the Chairman in Hartford, is the appellate division of the WCC.
The Secretary 1 will provide secretarial support to two staff attorneys, including typing, proofreading and editing draft legal decisions, checking legal citations and source materials, and performing related duties in the unit.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, take pride in the work and have an eye for detail. If you are interested in working in this interesting area of the law, please complete the on-line application. Please note: a resume is NOT required. Three (3) professional references must be provided at the interview.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Sandy Cunningham at Sandra.Cunningham@ct.gov, (860) 493-1518.
Incumbents perform a variety of secretarial duties as illustrated in the following areas:
1. TYPING: Using a personal computer or other electronic equipment formats and types a full range of correspondence, reports, bills, drafts, etc. from rough draft, transcription, dictated notes, etc.; proofreads for content; edits using knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
2. FILING: Designs office filing systems; organizes and maintains files (including confidential files); maintains, updates and reviews reference materials and manuals.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Composes routine letters/memoranda, etc. (e.g. standard replies and acknowledgement letters) for supervisor's signature.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles information from standard sources and prepares data reports (e.g. number of forms processed during the month).
5. INTERPERSONAL: Greets and directs visitors; answers phones and takes messages; answers questions requiring knowledge of terminology, organization, supervisor's responsibilities, etc. (e.g. appropriate referrals, general purpose of the unit).
6. PROCESSING: Scans correspondence; pulls and attaches related materials; reviews, routes and prioritizes mail.
7. PERSONAL SECRETARY: Arranges and coordinates meetings (including space and equipment); writes minutes of meetings, lectures, conferences, etc. from rough draft; takes notes using shorthand, speedwriting or machine transcription prepares expense accounts; makes travel arrangements.
8. OFFICE MANAGEMENT: Maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment; orders supplies when necessary; completes, processes and maintains paperwork for purchasing (e.g. orders, requisitions, invoices, etc.); maintains time and attendance records; performs related duties as required.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.