|Date Opened||8/10/2018 09:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$17.56*-$22.20/hour; $36,671*-$46,355/year (New hires to State service start at minimum)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||8/17/2018 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles is recruiting for part time and full time Clerk Typist positions at various locations throughout Connecticut. The certified list of eligible candidates generated from this recruitment will be used for future opportunities within the DMV for a period of nine (9) months. Applicants must select the location(s) and employment type (full and/or part time) in which they wish to be considered for on their application prior to submission. Failure to indicate the location or employment type will result in the applicant not being considered for vacancies in that specific location.
The part time position is a 34 hour per week schedule with the following hours: Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.; Thursday 10:30 a.m. - 6:15 p.m.; and Saturday 7:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. Employees will be required to work 39 hours which is 5 hours of straight overtime and you will need to stay until the last customer is served.
The full time position will be a 40 hour per week schedule with the following hours: Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.; Thursday 10:30 a.m. - 6:15 p.m.; and Saturday 7:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m., but could change as you will need to stay until the last customer is served.
The clerk typist position is working in a fast paced environment with a high volume of customer contact and will require excellent customer service skills. This position will assist with the initial intake of customers and will perform a range of motor vehicle transactions and should be proficient with operating computer systems. The incumbent may be required to work overtime. Preference will be given to candidates who have previous experience processing motor vehicle transactions in a fast paced heavy customer contact environment.
*New State Employees start at minimum of the salary range.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact DMV Human Resources at (860) 263-5268.
In a state agency, this class is accountable for performing a full range of general clerical functions including basic processing, reception, filing, record keeping, bookkeeping and typing.
1. TYPING: Using a typewriter, personal computer and other electronic equipment types a variety of materials from rough copy or electronic recording device including correspondence, memos, reports, forms, applications, bills and other documents and records with speed and accuracy; reviews and corrects drafts for conformance with originals; enters and retrieves data on personal computers and computer terminals.
2. FILING: Maintains logs; sets up and maintains records and files according to established procedures; (e.g. alpha, numeric or chronological order); searches files for information.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Prepares and sends out standard form letters making minor revisions or additions.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles information from standard sources and prepares reports.
5. INTERPERSONAL: Answers phone, transfers calls and takes messages; receives and directs visitors; handles routine requests for information, procedural guidelines or assistance over the telephone or in person; (e.g. counter, reception and/or information desk).
6. PROCESSING: Receives, sorts and distributes mail; performs a variety of basic processing tasks (e.g., sorts, numbers, codes and files materials), reviews materials for accuracy and completeness (ensures categorical information is completed as required), makes changes per instructions or as authorized, verifies information through cross-referencing of existing computer and/or manual files or inquiries by phone or form letter to sender or other work units; does routine posting to ledgers, account books or other records; receives payments for licenses, bills, applications, fines and fees, etc.; prepares, totals and balances receipts; prepares cash transmittal/deposit slips; types and prepares purchase requisitions, orders or billing invoices according to established procedures; assists in or maintains inventory and orders supplies; performs related duties as required.
Knowledge of office procedures including proper telephone usage and filing; knowledge of spelling, punctuation and grammar; skill in typing a variety of materials; basic interpersonal skill; basic oral and written communication skills; basic skill in performing arithmetical computations; ability to operate office equipment which includes personal computers, computer terminals and other electronic equipment; ability to perform basic clerical tasks such as coding, sorting, alphabetizing and numeric ordering.
Preferred candidates will possess:
Preference will be given to candidates who have previous experience processing motor vehicle transactions in a fast paced heavy customer contact environment.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.