|Date Opened||8/10/2018 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$66,213* - $85,597/year (*New State employees)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||8/24/2018 11:59:00 PM|
The Office of Health Strategy seeks a dedicated professional to serve as a Fiscal/Administrative Officer (FAO). The FAO reports to executive management and is responsible for a variety of administrative, contractual and business management functions in support of the fiscal and operational activities of the agency, with specific attention to the business processes of the Health Information Technology unit. The incumbent is responsible for providing support for a full range of contract administration tasks including planning, negotiating, awarding and administration of contracts; interpreting requirements; monitoring the terms of the contracts; and serving as the point of contact for some administrative matters. In addition, this position assists with budget preparation, fiscal management, purchasing, and supports personnel and payroll issues. The incumbent must demonstrate the ability to prioritize multiple demands; should be self-directed, task and goal oriented.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Deb Lyons at Deborah.Lyons@ct.gov or (860) 509-7180.
1. College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (l5) semester hours equalling one-half (l/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in public administration, business administration or accounting may be substituted for one (l) year of the Special Experience.
3. For state employees two (2) years as a Fiscal/Administrative Assistant may be substituted for the General and Special Experience.
4. For state employees two (2) years as a Purchasing Assistant may be substituted for the General and Special Experience.
*Descriptions of these fiscal/administrative functions are attached
- Experience managing multiple federal and state, or non-profit grants and funds
- Experience drafting, monitoring and tracking contractor performance and compliance with contract terms and conditions
- Experience preparing financial reports and financial tracking/monitoring spreadsheets which incorporate complex formulas and /or advanced Excel features
- Experience using advanced financial management and software programs
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. If you require an aid/accommodation to participate fully and fairly, please contact the DPH Human Resources Office at (860) 509-7177.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.