|Date Opened||8/4/2018 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$45,994* - $59,367/year|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||8/18/2018 11:59:00 PM|
Located at 55 Elm Street, Hartford, CT; Monday thru Friday; 40 Hours Per Week; target class of Retirement & Benefit Officer
All applicants must include a resume within the “Resume Tab” of their application. Applicants are required to upload a cover letter with their submission. (Note: In order to upload documents you must ensure that your internet browser's 'pop-up' blocker is off. Failure to do so may prevent you from being able to upload documentation and submit your application.) Questions about these required documents should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: Grace Soares, Grace.Soares@ct.gov, (860) 702-3322.
Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License.
*New State Employees start at minimum salary range.
Candidates must meet the minimum qualifications for General Experience as indicated to apply for this position. State employees currently holding the above title or those who have previously attained permanent status in the class may apply for a lateral transfer.
Candidates invited to interview will be required to submit three business references at the time of interview. Additionally, current state employees will be required to submit their last two performance evaluations and last two years of attendance records at the time of interview.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Grace Soares at Grace.Soares@ct.gov, (860) 702-3322.
Possession of a Bachelor's or Master's degree.
1. If the target job classification has a Substitution Allowed that requires the Bachelor's or Master's degree to be in a specific area(s), then these specific degree areas are required for appointment to the Connecticut Career Trainee classification.
2. Candidates cannot be appointed until all degree requirements are complete.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Considerable skill in performing arithmetical computations
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to utilize various computer software programs for benefit analysis
• Ability to interpret and apply regulations, statutes and plan provisions
• Proactive and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work under pressure according to specific time constraints
• Minimum of three years of experience in MS Office suite is required
• Experience creating and running queries (SQL, PeopleTools) is preferred
• Experience with MS Excel (Pivot Tables, V-lookup, Macros) is preferred
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. If you are requesting special accommodations under the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) please contact Grace Soares at 860-702-3322 or Grace.Soares@ct.gov
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.