|Date Opened||8/3/2018 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$45,994* - $59,367/year|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||8/17/2018 11:59:00 PM|
Located at 55 Elm Street, Hartford, CT; Monday thru Friday; 40 Hours Per Week; target class of Retirement & Benefit Officer.
All applicants must include a resume within the “Resume Tab” of their application. Applicants are required to upload a cover letter with their submission. (Note: In order to upload documents you must ensure that your internet browser's 'pop-up' blocker is off. Failure to do so may prevent you from being able to upload documentation and submit your application.) Questions about these required documents should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: Grace Soares, Grace.Soares@ct.gov, (860) 702.3322.
Incumbents in this class may be required to travel. Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License.
*New State Employees start at minimum salary range.
Candidates invited to interview will be required to submit three business references at the time of interview. Additionally, current state employees will be required to submit their last two performance evaluations and last two years of attendance records at the time of interview.
Candidates must meet the minimum qualifications for General Experience as indicated to apply for this position. State employees currently holding the above title or those who have previously attained permanent status in the class may apply for a lateral transfer.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Grace Soares at Grace.Soares@ct.gov, (860) 702-3322.
Possession of a Bachelor's or Master's degree.
1. If the target job classification has a Substitution Allowed that requires the Bachelor's or Master's degree to be in a specific area(s), then these specific degree areas are required for appointment to the Connecticut Career Trainee classification.
2. Candidates cannot be appointed until all degree requirements are complete.
• Ideal candidate is proactive and has a desire to work in a fast-paced environment;
• Has strong speaking skills with a history of presenting information in large group settings;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills is required;
• A minimum of three years’ experience in MS Office suite is required;
• Experience analyzing and interpreting complex State statutes, legal opinions, and Collective Bargaining agreements is a plus;
• Recent experience creating queries or running reports in SQL and/or , VB, Java or PeopleTools is a plus;
• Recent experience running MS Excel pivot tables and or creating and using complex formulas is a plus;
• Experience in CORE-CT, PeopleSoft, and/or Oracle is a plus;
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. If you are requesting special accommodations under the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) please contact Grace Soares at 860-702-3322 or Grace.Soares@ct.gov
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.