Electric Utility Regulation Division
New Britain, CT
|Date Opened||8/3/2018 12:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$85,142 - $121,785/year|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||8/22/2018 11:59:00 PM|
The Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA) is statutorily charged with regulating the rates and services of Connecticut's investor owned electricity, natural gas, water and telecommunication companies and is the franchising authority for the state’s cable television companies. In the industries that are still wholly regulated, PURA balances the public’s right to safe, adequate and reliable utility service at reasonable rates with the provider’s right to a reasonable return on its investment.
PURA currently has an opening on its team for a Public Utilities Supervisor of Technical Analysis for its Electric Utility Regulation Division at our headquarters located at Ten Franklin Square, New Britain, CT.
The Supervisor of Technical Analysis position reports to the Director of Utility Regulation for the Electric Sector, and provides counsel and assistance to all three PURA Commissioners on the regulatory activities within the responsibility of the Electric Utility Regulation Division. The Supervisor of Technical Analysis will have the opportunity to work with an interdisciplinary team of technical professionals on a whole host of cutting edge issues in the electric industry, including grid modernization, cybersecurity, system resilience, the integration of distributed energy resources and electric vehicles on the electric system, and innovative rate design.
This position is full-time, 35 hours per week, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday.
Applicants must upload a cover letter with their applications.
Applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their applications.
(Note: In order to upload documents you must ensure that your internet browser's 'pop-up' blocker is off. Failure to do so may prevent you from being able to upload documentation and submit your application.) Questions about these required documents should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: Anne Dana, email@example.com, (860) 424-3354.
Supervision of the Electric Sector Division at PURA, overseeing a team of multi-disciplinary regulatory professionals in administering PURA's oversight responsibilities, including: regulating the rates and services of Connecticut's two investor-owned electric distribution companies; overseeing compliance with the state's Renewable Portfolio Standard; advocating on behalf of Connecticut electric customers in regional/federal matters related to transmission and wholesale electricity markets; and ensuring affordable and reliable electric service in compliance with the state's statutory carbon-reduction requirements.
This specific position's duties also include:
· Considerable knowledge of laws and regulations concerning public utilities;
· Considerable knowledge of regulatory principles and practices;
· Considerable analytical and technical skills in areas such as engineering, finance, accounting, economics or ratemaking;
· Demonstrated experience in managing complex projects in a team environment, including developing schedules; tracking progress; assigning, reviewing, and ensuring high quality work product;
· Considerable interpersonal skills;
· Considerable oral and written communication skills;
· Considerable knowledge and/or experience in emerging issues in the electric industry, including grid modernization, cybersecurity, system resilience, the integration of distributed energy resources and electric vehicles on the electric system, and innovative rate design.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.