|Date Opened||7/12/2018 12:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$19.59 - $25.70/hour|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||7/26/2018 11:59:00 PM|
1. TYPING: Types a variety of materials in relation to other duties or as assigned; enters and retrieves data on personal computers and computer terminals.
2. FILING: Sets up and maintains office procedures, filing and indexing systems and forms for own use.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Composes routine correspondence.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles and generates recurrent technical, statistical or financial reports requiring judgment in the selection and presentation of data (format).
5. INTERPERSONAL: Provides general information and referral services in response to citizen complaints or questions regarding an agency's services or authority; responds to inquiries from other work units or departments/agencies; applies agency policies and state statutes and regulations in determining case status or responding to requests for procedural assistance; may lead lower level employees in carrying out assigned clerical functions.
6. PROCESSING: Maintains calendars of due dates and initiates recurring work or special clerical projects accordingly; processes a variety of documents in determining routine case status; exercises discretion in choosing appropriate follow through procedures within defined guidelines including assembling and reviewing incoming materials for accuracy, completeness and conformance to established guidelines and agency policy and procedures, verifying information through use of internal resources and contacts with sender and other work units and soliciting additional information as required by phone or form letter; processes purchase requisitions/purchase orders for subsequent action; prepares payment lists and billing invoices; receives shipments of materials and matches/verifies shipment or billing invoices against original purchase orders; maintains billing control cards, files, journals or account ledgers by posting credits, expenditures, interest, etc.; figures payments, costs, discounts and adjustments using prescribed methods and formulas; receives monies in various forms such as cash, checks and money orders and prepares for deposit; maintains inventory and orders supplies; uses a variety of automated equipment to perform job functions; performs related duties as required.
Preference will be given to candidates who is:
• Experienced as a Receptionist: Greets and directs visitors; answers phones, takes messages, answers questions, and gives appropriate referrals. Provides general information and referral services in response to citizen complaints or questions regarding an agency's services or authority; responds to inquiries from other work units or departments/agencies.
• Experienced in office equipment. (e.g. printer, faxes, scanner, copier, and/or mail sorter, etc…)
• Experienced in software applications. (e.g. Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook)
• Able to compose effective routine letters/memoranda and forms; ability to read, comprehend and apply laws, regulations, and procedural guidelines.
• Experienced in processing purchase requisitions/purchase orders; billing invoices; receives shipments of materials and matches/verifies shipment or billing invoices against original purchase orders; maintains inventory and orders supplies; uses a variety of automated equipment to perform job functions; performs related duties as required.
• Able to design office filing systems; organizes and maintains files (including confidential files); maintains, updates and reviews reference materials and manuals.
• Able to multi-task and to schedule and prioritize office workflow.
• Knowledgeable of proper grammar, punctuation and spelling.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.