Albert J. Solnit Children's Center
|Date Opened||7/13/2018 12:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$90.71 - $108.20/hour|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||7/27/2018 11:59:00 PM|
The Albert J. Solnit Children's Center is part of the Department of Children and Families (DCF), widely recognized as a center of excellence for family-centered treatment of children and youth with serious emotional disturbances. This state-administered Psychiatric facility provides comprehensive care to children and adolescents under the age of eighteen, with severe mental illness and related behavioral and emotional problems who cannot be safely assessed or treated in a less restrictive setting.
The South Campus consists of four co-ed hospital units and three female adolescent psychiatric residential treatment facility cottages (PRTF). Our 67-acre campus is centrally located in Middletown, Connecticut overlooking the Connecticut River. The Solnit Center facilities support our dedication to helping youth improve their individual and social competencies. The campus includes: two schools, an indoor pool, playgrounds, a ball field, two gyms, recreation rooms, seven program-specific residential units, and an outdoor picnic area.
We are recruiting for a part-time Principal Psychiatrist for the CMCU/Hospital program. This is a 1st shift, 30 hours per week, part-time position, working Monday through Wednesday, 8:30am - 5:00pm and Thursday 8:30am - 3:00pm with on-call duties as assigned.
All applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application, as well as upload copy of their board certification as well as their license from the Department of Public Health (DPH) with their submission. Applicants invited to interview may be required to submit additional documentation, which supports their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Should you have questions pertaining to any phase of this recruitment, please contact the hiring agency's human resources office: Victoria Brothers, email@example.com, (860) 704-4006.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and retain a license to practice medicine and surgery in Connecticut. A temporary license may be granted for a period not to exceed one (1) year.
2. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain eligibility for participation in federal health care programs as defined in 42 U.S. 1320a-7b(f).
3. Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain certification as a specialist in an area such as geriatrics, ABI/TBI, forensics, substance abuse, etc.
4. Incumbents in this class may be required to possess appropriate current licenses, certifications or permits.
5. Incumbents in this class may be required to be bilingual.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.