|Date Opened||7/3/2018 4:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$55,797 - $72,420/year|
|Job Type||Open to Statewide Employees|
|Close Date||7/17/2018 11:59:00 PM|
The Department of Developmental Services - Central Office - has one (1) current full-time job opportunity for an Equal Employment Opportunity Assistant position in the EEO Division in Hartford, CT.
This is a full-time forty (40) hour per week position. The work schedule is Monday through Friday 8:00am-4:30pm. However, must be flexible in order to meet the needs of the agency.
This position is open ONLY to current State employees.
Applicants must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening and must specify their qualifications on their application.
Please note you will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
If selected for further consideration, at time of interview, State employees may be required to provide last two (2) service ratings.
Incumbents in this class will be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license.
Incumbents in this class will be required to travel.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must be a current state employee, who has permanent state status and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Daimar Ramos at Daimar.Ramos@ct.gov or (860) 263-2625.
• Responsible to run various reports utilizing CORE-CT, STARS, and other related sources regarding personnel transactions [i.e., hires, promotions, separations, transfers, etc.] that occurred throughout the plan period.
• Work directly with Human Resources staff to compile and maintain data [i.e. recruitment and selection data from JobAps Program, organizational charts, personnel evaluations], required for the development of the agency's affirmative action plan.
• Assist EEO staff with the development of the agency's affirmative action plan.
• Responsible to develop and maintain the Affirmative Action Goal Report and send out quarterly reports to hiring managers as to goal achievement.
• Compile training materials and assist EEO Managers with training relating to state and federal anti-discrimination laws and EEO Policies and Procedures.
• Responsible to disseminate EEO Policies and Procedures to DDS Employees on an annual basis to meet statutory requirements.
• On an annual basis, conduct an audit of DDS locations [i.e. Regions, Offices, group homes] to ensure compliance with posting requirements of state and federal anti-discrimination laws and the policies are current.
• Will be responsible to put up and/or replace outdated EEO Policies, posters relating to EEO Laws, etc.
• Maintain calendar through Outlook to monitor and track investigations to ensure adherence to compliance with timeframes.
• Will perform related duties as required.
Five (5) years of clerical experience in affirmation action, equal opportunity assurance or human resources management.
Note: For state employees clerical experience is interpreted at the level of Office Assistant.
• Knowledge of and/or experience with sources used for compiling affirmative action plans
• Experience assisting in developing affirmative action plans
• Knowledge of the EEO Policies and Procedures
• Experience utilizing CORE-CT and/or STARS to run query reports
• Experience with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and formulas
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to participate fully and fairly under the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact Renee LaBarge, DDS EEO Director at 860.418.6022 or email@example.com.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.