|Date Opened||6/15/2018 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$45,994* - $59,367/year (*New State employees)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||6/25/2018 11:59:00 PM|
The Department of Banking, Financial Institutions Division has one (1) available opening for a Connecticut Careers Trainee. This position is full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. The individual in this position will assist in, and be accountable for mastering the skills for conducting examinations of domestic banks and credit unions. Candidates will review financial and operational documentation, including financial statements and reports, loan files, investments, bank policies, and risk management programs and models to assess financial condition and determine compliance with applicable policies or banking regulations. The position requires close coordination with federal agency peers and team members and for the candidate to have oral and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate findings to management, peers and financial entities.
In order to master the requisite skills, the individual will assist in conducting routine examinations and investigations of credit unions and domestic banks. The individual will assist in developing Risk Assessment Profiles and identifying issues and trends; will assist members of a team in conducting exams or investigations, using credit union or bank exam procedures; will assist in the performance of off-site analyses, the drafting of memorandums, reports and exam comments. Will review financial documentation, operational practices, policies and procedures.
Please ensure your application is complete and that you have included a copy of your resume with your application and you have uploaded your cover letter. You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application into the JobAps system. NOTE: In order to upload documents you must ensure that your internet browser's 'pop-up' blocker is off. Failure to do so may prevent you from being able to upload documentation into JobAps.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Lorraine Vittner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 713-5449.
NOTE: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Possession of a Bachelor's or Master's degree.
1. If the target job classification has a Substitution Allowed that requires the Bachelor's or Master's degree to be in a specific area(s), then these specific degree areas are required for appointment to the Connecticut Career Trainee classification.
2. Candidates cannot be appointed until all degree requirements are complete.
The successful candidate will possess:
• Experience in being collaborative with verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization;
• The ability to utilize computer software including Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to prepare work product and presentations by effectively using the menu items, cell formulas and functions included in said Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to sort, analyze and present examination information;
• Ability to read, interpret and understand written material; especially financial and operational documentation, including financial statements and reports, loan files, investments, policies and procedures, and risk management programs and models;
• Ability to perform high level arithmetical computations utilizing a variety of source data including charts, graphs and tables;
• Ability to understand, evaluate and solve problems by exercising judgment reasoning ability and logic;
• Ability to work in an individual or team environment and to establish and maintain cooperative relations with superiors, associates and general public.
Preference will be given to those with education and/or experience in Economics, Accounting, and/or Finance with a minimum GPA of 3.00.
Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.