$20.64-$27.70 Hourly / $1,651.04-$2,215.64 BiWeekly /
1. Applicants must be a United States Citizen by date of appointment.
2. Applicants must have a High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certification prior to admission to the Connecticut Police Training Academy.
3. During the period as a Police Trainee candidates will be required to complete a course of training to include completion and graduation from the Connecticut Police Training Academy program or its equivalent.
4. Appointment to this class will be for a period not to exceed twelve (12) months. Provisional appointment will be made to the target class when formal training has not been completed after twelve (12) months as a Protective Services Trainee (Police). Appointment will be made to the target class after successful completion and graduation of formal training.
5. Applicants in this class must have reached their 21st birthday.
6. Incumbents in this class must possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license.
7. Incumbents in this class may be required to obtain and retain Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Paramedic certification.
1. Incumbents in this class must have general good health, be free from any disease or injury which would impair health or usefulness and possess and retain sufficient physical strength, stamina, agility, endurance and visual and auditory acuity to perform the duties of the class. A physical fitness assessment will be required of all applicants.
2. A comprehensive medical examination, including a controlled substance screening, will be required of all applicants upon a conditional offer of employment.
|Salary Group upon hire||S.G. 5||Step 1|
|Upon completion of academy training||S.G. 6||Step 1|
NOTE: For current state employees compensation will be in accordance with guidelines for computing salary adjustments set forth by the Department of Administrative Services, Determining Salary Upon Change in Class.