We are currently accepting applications for this position.
To apply, please close this pop-up window and then click on Current Openings.
$0.01-$478.93 Hourly / $0.00-$0.00 BiWeekly /
In various agencies as a summer employee performs one or more tasks and assigned duties of a seasonal nature in providing a variety of services to clients or the public in one of several areas. This class may also be used during the winter college intersession for a period not to exceed six weeks.
Work areas covered by this class shall include the assignments and hourly rates as listed below:
|Patient Care Service||$14.00||$17.00|
|Transportation Services (Bus Driver)||$14.00||$17.00|
|Tourist Information Clerk||$14.00||$17.00|
|Specialized Recreational Services||$14.00||$17.00|
|Tourist Information Coordinator||$14.00||$17.00|
|Information Technology System Analysis||$19.00||$22.00|
Minimum and maximum hourly rates will be subject to the following criteria:
1. EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
GENERAL: Performs clerical tasks such as filing, typing, copying, recording information, answering telephone, reception duties, computing, office machine operation, routine library tasks, inventory, stockroom, mail processing, cashiering, etc.; makes change; rings up fees; balances receipts; performs related duties as required.
2. PATIENT CARE SERVICES: Under supervision incumbents are assigned to cottages, buildings, living areas, classrooms and provide assistance to clients in activities of daily living; participates in preparation, serving and feeding of clients; performs housekeeping duties; aids clients in personal activities such as dressing, bathing, etc.; participates in client social and recreational activities; performs related duties as required.
3. MAINTENANCE: Performs maintenance tasks in areas such as road building and equipment, grounds care, custodial and/or housekeeping and food services, traffic counting; may operate a motor vehicle; performs related duties as required.
4. LABORATORY ASSISTANT: Performs routine laboratory duties; prepares simple solutions, culture media and reagents, etc; makes simple stains, solutions; cleans and sterilizes equipment, etc,; performs related duties as required.
5. RECREATIONAL AIDE: Conducts recreational activities for patients, clients, residents in areas such as field trips, sports and social activities; cleans area and maintains equipment; assists in ensuring safety of clients, patients and residents; performs related duties as required.
6. TRANSPORTATION SERVICES (BUS DRIVER): Incumbents in this class required to drive a large school bus the majority of their time shall be assigned to this service and functional title. Incumbents will drive a large bus on a regular basis and may operate other motor vehicles as necessary; performs related duties as required. Incumbents driving school buses shall maintain a good driving record.
7. TOURIST INFORMATION CLERK: Assists tourists by providing information on highway directions, tourist and camping facilities, points of interest and events in state; performs related duties as required.
8. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SYSTEM ANALYSIS: Performs basic information technology support functions under supervision; provides basic help desk support to end users; refers more complex problems to higher level information systems staff; provides basic support to users in the use of software applications; provides assistance in installation and configuration of local and network printers, scanners and other peripherals; performs related duties as required.
9. SPECIALIZED RECREATION SERVICES (SPECIALIZED RECREATION SUPERVISOR): Serves as a Community or Resident Specialist and provides a variety of specialized recreation services; plans and implements leisure activities; oversees summer workers and volunteers in a variety of leisure time activities; responsible for maintenance and care of equipment, supplies and facilities; transports clients; performs related duties as required.
10. TOURIST INFORMATION COORDINATOR: Plans work schedules of informational display exhibits; maintains liaison between Tourist Information Clerks in the field; prepares reports on distribution of printed materials; supervises a group of seasonal employees; performs related duties as required.
11. PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER: Performs basic engineering tasks under supervision; reviews basic design plans; performs mathematical computations and calculations; uses CADD system and other computer applications; collects and enters data; accompanies accompanies engineers on field reviews; assists with preparation of reports; performs related duties as required.
12. Legal: Assists supervising attorneys in all legal problems; conducts research and analysis in law and facts with reference to pending questions; assists in preparation of legal memoranda, materials and cases for supervising attorneys and staff; performs related duties as required.