We are currently accepting applications for this position.
To apply, please close this pop-up window and then click on Current Openings.
$28.24-$35.41 Hourly / $2,259.52-$2,833.20 BiWeekly /
This class is used in one of the following ways:
1. JOB CENTER OR FIELD LOCATION:
A bridge class with incumbents performing routine specialized tasks in adjudications, career development counseling or apprenticeship and/or job training programs.
2. OPERATIONAL SUPPORT UNIT:
A bridge class with incumbents performing routine specialized tasks in program development, automation support, grants and contract development, monitoring and evaluation or training and technical assistance.
An advanced working level class with incumbents performing the more complex and technical tasks in one or more of these areas: claims examination, benefit payment control or merit rating.
JOB CENTER OR FIELD LOCATION: Performs basic tasks in a specialized area:
1. Conducts basic level adjudications including assessing possibility of applying "special base period" provision and obtaining all relevant information and documentation; conducts hearings applying pertinent laws, regulations and precedent decisions and issuing a ruling regarding delay of benefits due to receipt of disqualifying income; ascertains facts, analyzing and ruling with regard to general availability for work and adequacy of efforts to find suitable work; develops facts and performs all pertinent research necessary to recommendation of fraud including imposition of penalty weeks if warranted or non-fraud including repayment waiver; conducts separation hearing for interstate claimants.
2. Provides basic career development counseling services for clients who are vocationally untracked or have significant barriers to employment.
3. In consultation with an Employer Services Specialist participates in marketing of services and programs to employers within a region including providing apprenticeship services to individuals and employers; develops on-the-job training programs; develops Customized Job Training programs which meet specialized employer needs; provides consulting services with regard to training needs, resources and standards.
OPERATIONAL SUPPORT UNIT: Performs advanced working level tasks in the Central Office:
1. Assists and participates in activities such as program development, automation support, monitoring and evaluation, training and/or technical assistance to field staff in various program areas; assists in developing training programs in assigned functional areas; participates in monitoring programs and activities for completeness, compliance with legal mandates, fiscal requirements, efficiency and customer satisfaction; assists in analyzing impact of state and/or federal legislation and regulations on departmental programs and procedures; assists in development of procedural manuals and memoranda.
2. Performs specialized and highly technical tasks in one or more of operational support functions of claims examination, benefit payment control and merit rating; researches and analyzes wage date to determine and perform corrective action; determines compliance of work and procedures with applicable laws, regulations and policy; determines successorship and waivers of liability; segregates payrolls; presents complex appeals to Appeals Division; reviews and resolves claims under complex special programs; makes monetary disqualification determinations in areas such as education employees, aliens and claimants receiving Workers Compensation; review appeals on wage usage; reviews Job Center recommendations and decisions relating to fraud to ensure compliance with regulations; reviews fraud audits prior to first notification; may serve as a team leader.
In any of the above areas of specialization assists in training employees of lower grade; may serve as a team leader; may speak before groups; performs related duties as required.
Labor Department employees hired on and after April 19, 2002 or who are appointed to P-2 bargaining unit titles on or after that date are eligible for the following class code and compensation level when appointed, promoted or transferred to this class title.
5243 LABOR DEPARTMENT ASSOCIATE COMMUNITY SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (SH 19).