PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
This class is accountable for acting as a working supervisor for cash accounting clerks in the collection and posting to proper accounts of large amounts of money.
GUIDELINES FOR JOB CLASS USE
This class is reserved for incumbents who have full-time lead responsibility over employees while assisting in the performance of work activities. There should be a sufficient number of staff to warrant a full-time working supervisor. This is not intended for one-on-one supervision.
Receives general direction from an employee of higher grade.
Leads Cash Accounting Clerks and other staff as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Coordinates office workflow;
- Determines priorities, assigns and reviews work;
- Establishes and maintains office procedures;
- Provides staff training and assistance;
- Conducts or assists in conducting performance evaluations;
- Maintains or oversees the maintenance of office records and logs;
- Acts as a liaison with other operating units, agencies and outside officials regarding unit policies and procedures;
- Prepares reports;
- Performs a range of other functions to receive funds, to disburse funds, and to record monetary transactions;
- Performs related general office work (typing, filing, etc.) as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Knowledge of
- bookkeeping, accounting codes and financial record keeping;
- office systems and procedures;
- Considerable skill in performing arithmetic computations;
- interpersonal skills;
- oral and written communications skills;
- Considerable ability to handle large amounts of money;
- Ability to
- schedule and prioritize workflow;
- lead other employees;
- operate office equipment which may include computers, tablets, or other electronic equipment;
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Three (3) years of experience in accounting, financial record keeping or bookkeeping.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have involved the daily receipt, verification and reconciliation of large amounts of money.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of two (2) years.
JOB CLASS DESIGNATION
(07)-ADMN CLERICAL (NP-3)
As defined by Sec. 5-196 of the Connecticut General Statutes, a job class is a position or group of positions that share general characteristics and are categorized under a single title for administrative purposes. As such, a job class is not meant to be all-inclusive of every task and/or responsibility.
This replaces the existing specification for the class of Head Cash Accounting Clerk in Salary Group CL 15 approved effective January 20, 2017. (Revised to modernize format and add Acknowledgement section) Final No. 23-232