$42.61-$56.37 Hourly / $3,195.68-$4,227.55 BiWeekly /
In a state agency this class is accountable for administrative and clinical supervision of professional nurses, paraprofessionals and other staff involving direct nursing care of patients/individuals or performing specialized professional nursing work in the areas of community or therapeutic nursing. At the State Universities or State Vocational Technical Schools this class is accountable for providing primary nursing care for students and facility staff.
This class will be used in the following ways:
1. DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILIES: (1) Incumbents in this class on all shifts are responsible for the administrative and clinical management of a single area or unit including the supervision of a substantial number of professional nurses, paraprofessional and other assigned staff. Incumbents in this class may be used as an in charge supervisor in the absence of a Supervising Nurse. OR (2) Incumbents in this class function as a primary care nurse at all treatment facilities.
2. DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH AND ADDICTION SERVICES: (1) Incumbents in this class on the day shift are responsible for the administrative and clinical management of a single unit. On the evening and night shifts, incumbents may be accountable for the administrative and clinical management of more than one unit. This includes supervision of assigned professional nurses, paraprofessionals or other staff. OR (2) Incumbents carry a caseload of selected cases in providing individual, group and family treatment.
3. DEPARTMENT OF DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICES: (1) Incumbents in this class may be used as an in charge supervisor for a unit or units on the night shift in a residential setting and is responsible for coordinating and supervising direct nursing care provided by other professional nurses or paraprofessionals. OR (2) Incumbents provide direct nursing care and serve on interdisciplinary teams in a campus setting.
4. STATE UNIVERSITY NURSE: Incumbents in this class function as the sole nurse on the evening or night shift only. This class does not have another medical professional or supervisor in close proximity more that fifty percent of the time.
5. VOCATIONAL TECHNICAL SCHOOL NURSE: Incumbents in this class function as an on site assessment and triage nurse and provide health counseling services to students.
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH NURSING POSITIONS:
Incumbents in this class may be required to lift and restrain patients/individuals; may have exposure to communicable/infectious diseases and risk of injury from assaultive/abusive patients/individuals; may be exposed to disagreeable conditions.