$0.00-$478.93 Hourly / $0.00-$0.00 BiWeekly /
1. Incumbents in these classes who are assigned as patrol persons or supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in these classes may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing patrol officer functions must currently possess Police Officer Standard Training (POST) certification or be eligible for POST recertification without completing the Basic Training program again (i.e. must be current or retired within two (2) years of last POST certified required employment) or Connecticut State Police (CSP) Academy certification (must be current or retired within two (2) years of last CSP certified required employment). Must pass a seasonal patroller training course as approved by the Connecticut State Police.
4. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
1. The approved salary range for Environmental Protection Seasonal Resource Assistant and Environmental Protection Seasonal Resource Assistant (CAES) is $10.10 to a maximum of $14.00 per hour.
2. The approved salary range for the Environmental Protection Resource Assistant (Seasonal Patrol Officer) in the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection is $10.10 to a maximum of $20.00 per hour.
The replaces the existing specification for the classes of Environmental Protection Seasonal Resource Assistant, Environmental Protection Seasonal Resource Assistant (CAES) and Environmental Protection Seasonal Resource Assistant (Seasonal Patrol Officer) in Salary Group VR 99 approved effective March 21, 2014. (Revised to modify agency name and Compensation Guidelines)